Using it and Losing it
The weather is getting chillier, 4C now with promise of colder with wind. We had a big dump of snow earlier this week, and then Thursday it started raining. Ice glazed roads make for treacherous driving, but studded tires, and weight in the vehicle helps.And I strapped some ice grippers on my hiking boots today, and went for a long walk about. Sunshine!
Yesterday, I wrote about my disappointment about eating chocolate, yet today, on a less tired note, I realize I have come a long way, as in the past I would have consumed the whole Terry's Dark Chocolate Orange Whack and Snack, and I stopped at a quarter of it....which was still 240 calories, yet not 960! And I learned something new about myself.
HALT is a short acronym that stands for HUNGRY, ANGRY, LONELY, TIRED
These can trigger eating without foresight. The other night, H, L, T.... Beware of these states of being, fellow weight loss buddies.
Humiliation is another emotion that send me around the bend... not being in control of the situation.... I guess that can be reframed as anger at self and embarrassment. That usually leads to <What the "H-E-double toothpicks"> all out eating. I think just by writing it out, it is righting itself. I'll keep you posted.
Tomorrow morning weigh in, yikes.... Today I went over 64 calories, even with an hour and a bit walk about briskly...
Take care of you first, Hazel

No comments:
Post a Comment