Monday, January 10, 2011

First Posted Weigh In

Using it and Losing it
Yesterday was a lovely day, some time spent breaking a new cross country ski trail around the place.  First sweat I've experienced in a long time!  And our little mixed breed terrier Sparky, needs to be at the front of the pack, me and him. It was so funny to watch as he bounded up and down in the deep soft snow like a furry heavy jack rabbit.  He got tired, and then followed me around.  Around our field three times, alongside the driveway, alongside the public road to a nearby cleared property line, and up through an old road in the woods, that I have been keeping clear for the eventual possibility of skiing.  Yeah!   The sun was out, so warmed up to -10C, perfect for my wax skis.

Then I met my sister and friend for a walk with the dogs.  My friends dog, Lucy,  is a mixed breed, yet looks like a real chunky chocolate lab. Lucy likes to jump in the deep snow and hide.LOL, yeah, like one big brown lump in the snow, and then Sparky has to go find and attack her. Snow angels all along the trail.  My sisters dog, is a West Highland White, older male, that just looks on, and everyonceinawhile does a growl in his throat like he's remembering the good ol'days. We walked for about 40 minutes, and the sun was going down, and the temperature dropped FAST.  I found myself doing a walk run back to the car, and pulling down my toque.
BLOG  This has been interesting.  I wanted to put a weight loss ticker on, and went to TickerFactory, and sheesh, an hour later, I still can't figure it out.  It's created over there is cyberspace, and I've gone to help, on both sites, yet I really don't understand computer language, and when I put in the URL I've copied it says ERROR.  So, I'm not giving up, I'm just giving it a rest, and doing my weigh in info with text.  Check it out at the bottom of this blog page.  I added some links, and I think they work, and I'm proud of myself.....


 My sister came over for dinner and she made ChimiChurri Sauce.  Which is just my favorite thing in the whole world to have on burgers... Our burgers are bought from our local butcher, and we get the lowest fat, which is more expensive, but worth it, in my estimation.   Cook them on a grill with parchment paper, really high heat, for 10 minutes per side. sprinkle with fresh ground roasted cumin, coffee powder, and fresh ground black pepper.  Red meat has tons of salt naturally, so we don't add it, yet that may be an acquired taste. I also make Micheal Smith's Argentinean Burgers sometimes.
We had a glass of wine, a "Romaine lettuce with whatever is green and/or fresh in the fridge" Salad, I put a bit of CC Sauce on that, and a Burger on our locally made Ciabatta Buns grilled, with CCS, and no dessert as previously advertised!  And that was just yummy!
We played Mexican Train dominos, and I won by about 1 and 1/2 points.  I love that game even when I don't win.  I savour the feel and noise of dominos, and the colour of the pips, and the companionship.
  
WeighIn 179!  That is so cool!  below 180.   Monday morning 8 am.  that will be a good schedule.
Hey, have a great day out there, Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment